Sunday 16 March 2014

Rimmel London BB Cream Matte Review


I picked up a sample of Rimmel London BB Cream Matte a couple of weeks ago and tested it out yesterday to see what I thought, today I'm sharing those thoughts with you..

I wont say anything about the packaging because, as you can see, it's just a white sachet with a picture of the actual product. Basic. 


I first applied it at 11.30am (I was up before this I promise, I just didn't get round to putting on any makeup) and my first impressions weren't all that great, although I can say that it smelt aMAzing! 


Formula wise it is just like any other liquid foundation, in the picture it looks like a medium toned colour and when at first put on the skin it does look quite orange, but thankfully, it dried slightly lighter and turned out to be a perfect match for me (I'm usually on the lighter side of foundation shades). It did however cling to dry skin and look slightly cakey and flakey. It doesn't hide blemishes though it did conceal my under eye circles well.

You don't need much to cover your whole face and it blends in well. I first rubbed it on my skin with my fingers and blended out with my Real Techniques buffing brush. It evens skin tone well and I immediately noticed how it minimised my pores and how smooth it feels on the skin. Things were looking up!

This BB cream is light to medium coverage though you could probably build it up, I would only use it on good skin days. I wouldn't expect anything more from something that is simply meant to improve your skin rather than hide it.

At 2.00pm I thought the product had settled into my skin nicely and it looked really good. It was still very much matte and there was no redness coming out on my cheeks - for me, this is good. 

At 4.40pm after spending about two hours gathering sheep and catching lambs (this sounds weird I know but I do live on a farm, so not that unusual) it was still in place but my forehead was shiny. I suppose I really did put it to the test what with running around in the hot sun. 

At 7.30pm it was still good coverage and had no signs of fading, I can't tell you if it lasted longer than this though as at this point I got in the shower. 8 hours is still a long time for a BB cream and I was very pleased. 



So does it do what it says on the packet?




Minimises the appearance of pores - Yes!
Evens skin tone - Yes!
Mattifies - Yes!
Controls shine all day - Hmm no but I'd like to say it would had I not been getting so hot from running.
Smooths - Yes
Soothes - No, I don't understand this one. 
Conceals dark circles - Yes!
Helps prevent blemishes - I can't say as I've only tested it for one day so far.
Gives all day coverage - Yes! Well 8 hours at least. 

Overall I'm happy with this product and would definitely consider buying a full size tube. It is just £6.99 from Boots.

Until next time
xx


2 comments:

  1. Great review! I enjoyed reading :)
    xx beautyybychloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'd look at your blog but I'm already following on Bloglovin :) x

      Delete