Wednesday 26 March 2014

Battle Of The Brands #2


This week's choice of product for battle of the brands is lip crayons and I chose Bourjois vs Revlon. 

- so much shadow and bad photography, sob -
The Revlon matte balms have not long been released. They are available in Boots for £7.99 and Superdrug for a mere £5.99 among other stockists. There are a range of colours available for all skin tones. 
They are described to be stains with a velvety matte colour and lip balm feel. Lightweight and moisturising. 


I have the colour Striking which is a lovely red, nothing like the online swatch I must add. I agree it is matte and lightweight though I would not say it is velvety or moisturising. Though it isn't at all drying either. I had originally planned to tell you that it feels nothing like any lip balm I have used either but after a few more days of wear it actually does feel similar to a balm and is almost nourishing. It is rich and long lasting and I just love the colour.  
It goes on easily and is just lovely to wear. Revlon are really on the ball this year!

As for packaging it is a classic chubby stick style. The stick itself represents the colour inside, it has a silver end - just like the Bourjois Colour Boost - and is not too large in size. A staple handbag piece I'd say. 


Boujois Colour Boost lip crayon is Red Sunrise is more of a luscious glossy lipstick. The shade I have is a vibrant almost blue toned pink, perfect for S/S time. The packaging (and naming) is almost identical to Revlon's though Bourjois released the colour boost first. Is it OK to say there was some copying going on here?


The product is £7.99 is Boots and Superdrug and I personally think there is a much more attractive colour range. 

The lipstick itself is soft and moisturing, the lasting power is similar to Revlon though I find it does sometimes fade to that dreaded bad lip liner look. Oh no! 


From the swatches you can see both have excellent colour though I think Revlon is slightly more pigmented. They are both appropriately named (nothing crazy unlike some items you'll find) and I really like them equally. However, I do have to pick a winner since that is the whole idea of this series so I am going to chose Bourjois Colour Boost. 
Revlon are doing amazingly with their releases recently and I do love my new chubby stick but I just think Bourjois is that little bit better! 

Which is your favourite? Do you agree with the winner? Leave me a comment. 

Until next time
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment