Saturday 22 March 2014

6 Lipsticks: For Spring

- I may or may not be guilty of going overboard on the Spring theme -

I have so many lipsticks in my collection that I thought I should make use of them all some how by giving them some love on my blog. What better way to let them know I appreciate them despite not wearing them often enough? Am I really personifying my lipsticks? Oh dear.. 

ANYWAY today I'd like to share with you 6 lipsticks from my collection that are perfect for wear throughout Spring 2014. 


As you can see I have chosen a range of bright Orange-y Reds & Pinks. These colours are really on trend this year - it's all about the bright lip and the orangier (is that a word? I think not) the better! Though sadly I don't own or suit many orange shades. 


Lets get the obvious over and done with. MAC Morange is the perfect orange toned red creme sheen lipstick that suits most if not all skin tones and has fantastic staying power. I like this a lot and as it is the nearest to full on orange I have, I'm sure this will be making an appearance a lot these coming months. Find it here on the MAC website for £15. 


This Zafi lipstick (which I'm not sure but from swatches online I believe to be shade 1645) was a super cheap buy from a random shop in Scotland. It is a pretty coral shade with a creamy formula. It is not at all drying and very flattering. Find it for £1.25 here


It is no secret that I am a fan of CK lipsticks. They are cheap, there is a huge range of colours and I love the formula. This beautiful red is a perfect transitional shade for Winter/Spring. I think it will suit all skin tones though the colour pay look slightly deeper on darker lips. Find it in it's new even better packaging on Amazon here for £3.79. 


Now onto the MUA lipsticks, of which I own a LOT. This beautiful bright pink is shade 11. It is ideal for Spring & Summer. Bright, light and oh so flirtatious. It's £1 in Superdrug.


MUA shade 3 is a lovely pink peachy orange colour. It is subtle and flattering on most skin tones yet the perfect beach look colour. Do you get what I mean or am I making no sense? I just really like this lipstick in S/S. 


Finally, one of my favourites is MUA shade 13. It is the perfect bright red, enough said!

I know half of this post was MUA but I just love how cheap they are yet such good quality - creamy and moisturising and a great colour range. A dream for us beauty bloggers, eh?

Which lipsticks will you be sporting through Spring?

Until next time
xx

5 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for the Leibster award! Have a look here http://joreina.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/ive-been-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some gorgeous shade! I love Mua Shade 11 and Mua Shade 13.

    Lilly.
    http://hellolillyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, aren't they beautiful? Thank you for your comment. You have a lovely blog by the way x

      Delete
  3. I'm a big fan of MUA lipsticks too, they're just so unbelievably cheap for such amazing pigmentations! Shade 11 is one of my favourites right now also MAC's morange is such a gorgeous shade!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they're fantastic! Morange is great too. Thank you so much for your comment!

      Delete