Sunday 16 March 2014

Being Grateful

On Wednesday I wasn't feeling great, I failed by first driving test on Tuesday because of literally the SMALLEST thing and I had a migraine. So I took the day off from college, spent the morning in the pit that is m bed and then my day was brightened by the sun peeping through beneath the blinds. 

Armed with a picnic for myself and an abundance of carrots, apples and mints for the the horses I headed up the field to sunbathe, relax and spend time with my favourite - that is my 16.2 shire cross dark mare for those who don't know me well! - and as always, she cheered me right up.

I realised while I was up there that I might not have the latest technology or shoes or even expensive lipsticks and I may not be able to afford new clothes or products to review all the time (despite my ever lengthening wish lists) but what I do have is even better...









I have all of this to do whatever I please. To walk, to have picnics, to ride my horse. This beautiful landscape that surrounds me is my home, I am so lucky and I cannot imagine being without it. The thought of living in the city away from the fields and forests makes me shiver! I would hate to be away from my animals. The dogs, cats, horses, hens, goats, sheep.. This is who I am away from the makeup and I love every part of it!

Where do you go when you're feeling down? What are you thankful for?

I hope you enjoyed this little bonus post.

Until next time
xx






4 comments:

  1. aww this is a lovely little post! its so easy to forget to appreciate the small things in life! i'd love it if youd check out my blog and comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/a-week-of-instagram-6.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, isn't it just! Of course I will take a look at your blog x

      Delete
  2. Awh chick! I know the feeling, I failed my first test too! I went up to my mums and cried all day. Then came home to my dads and cried some more haha. A walk is always good for cheering yourself up! Beautiful pictures xox

    Kirsty : Tartan Bones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh no it wasn't nice but I'm much more positive now! I'll get it next time (I hope) - Thank you lovely x

      Delete