Tuesday 10 December 2013

Urban Decay Naked 2 Review

Hello 


This photo (from my Instagram) has an effect on it to enhance the overall look so you don't get to see the full colours of the shadows, the reflections in the mirror are pretty accurate though. The main part you don't get to see is the shimmer. 

One of the things I really like about this palette is that the shimmery eye shadows, unlike in most from Urban Decay are not over the top. They are subtle but also buildable and I really love that. In my 'Femenine' palette the colours are all all so pigmenty and glittery that it looks too much, glitter ends up all down my face and it looks like I've tried too hard. With this palette you don't get that. It's neutral and classy and gorgeous. 

I was slightly disappointed, however, with a couple of things. Unfortunately, I do not own any other products from the Naked line (I'd really love to own the original Naked palette because I believe it's much better than this one?) so I don't have much to judge on but as a product on it's own I find it hard to create a nice everyday look. There are just two matte colours (Foxy and Tease), other than the black -which is fab for smokey eye or a powder eye liner - so everything else is more of a night time, going out kinda shimmer. 
Also the packaging itself was not impressive. I lurvee the large mirror and the crease brush is okay but the metal casing is not attractive and the shadow brush is not great. I have some really cheapy fluffy brushes which do a much better job! Shame. 

My favourite shadow from this palette is without a doubt Tease. I love the matte brown colour which, when applied to the lid, has noticeable purple undertones. Fabulous. 

Grail or Fail? I just can't decide. How about you?

Until next time
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment