Tuesday 10 December 2013

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub Review

Hello 

Happy mid-week! I hope that whether, like me, you have been enjoying the sun or have been stuck at work or school that you have had a good week. 


Today I have a review for you that I have been wanting to do for a short while now. As you know from my haul, I picked up the Soap & Glory Sugar Crush body scrub from Boots last month. It cost £8.00 which I believe to be a reasonable price if not a little on the pricey side since I also bought the body wash recently, containing more product, for a cheaper £6.50. 


First I'm sorry for this picture. I feel like it's a bit dark but it is the only one I took before using it - I was absolutely dying to try it out!
Let's begin with packaging, you shouldn't just a book by it's cover as they say, but with Soap & Glory products I know that both the packaging (witty and cute) and the contents will be fab. So the scrub comes in a plastic tub with a pink screw on lid. It's a perfect size for in the shower and the design is simple. I like it. 


Next, and this is my favourite part, scent. The smell is strong and over powering. For me, the most powerful scent in there is lime but it is very sweet (hint is in the name; sugar crush) and so if you aren't a fan of strong, sweet citrus scents then this definitely is not for you. Me, however, I can't get enough of it. I don't encourage drugs but I think I'm addicted. 


Moving on the texture it feels like a lumpy cookie dough. I've heard this reference a lot about S&G scrubs and now I know just how true it is. It honestly feels like you're rubbing cookie dough all over your legs - not something I'd ever be pushed to trying, I don't think. It does, however, leave your skin lovely and soft and flake free. My body has never been dry but in using this scrub I know it never will be either. Yippee.
Another side note, you can really feel the bits of brown sugar in there and those little bits don't half get everywhere!

Overall I really do like this product (even if it was an accidental purchase) and I lurvee the scent. You can definitely look out for another review on the body wash from this range very soon. 

Disclaimer: I know I'm a bit late with this review because the product has been around for while and S&G have already brought out a new scrub but why not jump on the band wagon? I love this product and there are never enough reviews around. 

Until next time
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment