Tuesday 10 December 2013

Bourjois Health Mix Serum Gel Foundation Review

Hello
For months and months I have been wanting to try out this foundation and finally I have bought it and today am reviewing it for you. I'm so excited! This is the Bourjois Health Mix Serum Gel Foundation. 

This product retails at £10.99 from Superdrug but you can find it at a cheaper price of £8.99 in various other shops and websites. 

I've been seeing people rave about this foundation on YouTube a lot throughout the year and that, as well as the packaging (it just draws me in) made me buy it. I'm so glad I did. 


Since it's one of my favourite things about this foundation lets start with the packaging; simple really. There is nothing cute or fancy about it. It's just standard Bourjois Healthy Mix colours and design. I just love the tall, slim bottle, the fruity theme and the red cap. It just attracts me - but that's just me. Maybe I'm going a little crazy... 

Something else which I love about this foundation is the smell. I love the fresh, fruity scent - it's summery and awakening. I think you will like it. 

The thing you all want to know about though is the actual foundation. So it's a lovely gel consistency which I find fantastic for blending into the skin. On the bottle it says only a light coverage but I find it to be medium to full on my face as you can build it without looking cakey. It's great if you're after a natural looking complexion but at the same time you want to hide those nasty lines and blemishes. 


There is not a wide range of shades for those with darker skin tone and it has a very yellow undertone so for those with pink undertone skin I wouldn't recommend this to you.
I'm the lightest shade (51 - Light Vanilla) and I find the foundation works best by applying with a pointed foundation brush or the real techniques buffing brush and then blending with a stippling brush. 
Consistency of the foundation is relatively thick but also slightly runny. I find a little bit goes a long way.


The product claims to last 16 hours providing a 'radiance-boosting, even  revived complexion' but I would say that is loses it's touch after about 10-12 hours. 
Containing vitamin rich fruits such as lychee, goji berries and pomegranate this really is a good formula for the skin.  

I've heard lots of people say how they think that due to it's reviving, anti-fatigue formula this foundation is more suited to mature skin. Given, an older woman could use this foundation and get along with it but as a teenager I really love this foundation on my skin too and I know a lot of my friends who enjoy using it also. I'd say it's for normal/combination to oily skin (the matte finish helps if you're a little oily around the T zone) but it is perfect for dry skin too as it blends right over dry areas giving a lovely dewy, radiant look.

My over all rating is 9 out of 10 because although at the moment this is my holy grail product I wouldn't say it is 100% perfection. What product is?

So there we go! I hope I didn't bore you too much with this review and as I always say if your own opinion differs to mine I cannot be held responsible as everyone is unique within their own mind. My opinions are honest. 

Until next time
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment