Tuesday 10 December 2013

Smashbox It's Your Prime Review

Hello


Today I am talking about a lovely mini set of face primers from Smashbox. This is a brand I only recently began to buy from but so far, I have no complaints. The set retails for £14.00 from Boots which is a fantastic deal for three primers from Smashbox. 

As with any minis the packaging is adorable yet still manages to look professional and very high end. The lid primer has a doe foot applicator which comes in very useful for blending. The under eye and face primers come in small tubes from which you squeeze out the product. 

My favourite of the three is without a doubt the face primer, not only because I love the packaging and the gel like consistency but because I really like the product itself. I apply a small amount with my fingers all over my face and its completely invisible and you don't feel it there. It keeps my makeup in place all day long and isn't oily at all. I recommend this to any one!

Second, the under eye primer is also fantastic. It does what is says on the tube - which is hydrate. This primer is super refreshing and hydrating for the under eye area and I occasionally apply this when I'm wearing so makeup just for the hydrating benefit. The consistency is a little thicker and similar to a creamy mousse. Easy to apply. 

Finally the lid primer is very much like the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I love UD primer potion and I love this. It is the same colour and texture but you don't need as much and it blends a lot better so that it becomes invisible. The product keeps your eye make up in place for hours so that you don't end up with down fall or smudges. 

Well done Smashbox for figuring out the formula for the best primers!

This was just a really quick review but you can only go into so much detail when discussing a primer. I hope this helped and maybe you will give the set a go, if you only like the sound of one of the trio you can individually purchase the primers from Smashbox directly or Boots. Let me know how you get on.

Until next time
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment