Tuesday 10 December 2013

MAC Haul

Hello


So if you follow me on Instagram you will know that a couple of weeks ago I broke my MAC virginity and picked up a couple of lipsticks and a paint pot. Today I want to show you which products I bought and my thoughts on them so far.


I am a fan of the packaging of MAC products anyway but I really like the silver boxing and sophisticated pot in which my limited edition paint pot arrived in. Give the designer a gold star for his/her work. The shade I went for was 'Morning Frost' which is a lovely neutral shimmery colour good for a base or wearing alone on a 'I'm not trying but I want to look good' kind of day. I'll admit I was expecting a pinky gold colour but while this product is much more bronze than I anticipated, I still like it a lot.


My problem is that I have quite oily eye lids and cream eye shadows just don't seem to gel well with me, particularly this one which just melts away, so I'm left with only the inner corner covered. I solved this by using my Urban Decay primer potion and now I can use my paint pot happily knowing my look is not going to be ruined by lunch time. Yay for primers!

This stuff is very pigmented and when applied using your finger you can get a very compact finish - I don't recommend a brush. 

I know I'm a little late on the band wagon with this one since any youtuber or beauty blogger worth their salt had it covered long ago but all in all I give an 8 out of 10.


I also picked up two lipsticks, Morange which is a beautiful bright red-orange colour and Shy Girl which is an extremely creamy peach nude colour. 


Shy girl is a lovely colour but I'm not a fan of the formula. I apply one coat to my lips and it is so creamy it just doesn't cover, it wipes of easily and if you reapply over the top it takes product off rather than applies it on. I hope you understand what I mean by this? Otherwise all good. 6 out of 10. 
- It also matches my (badly chipped) nails, BONUS!


Morange has a much better formula, not so creamy but not too dry either. I'm a fan of the bright colours, particularly shades of red or deep pinks. This is my new prized possession even though I'm still slightly scared to wear it in public. For now, the comfort of my own home is good for me. 9 out of 10. 

(are you enjoying my outdoorsy snaps or is it too much? I'm just having Summer withdrawal symptoms)

So that's all I have for you for the time being. I do have a few things up my sleeve for the not so distant future but my college time table is pretty full time alongside my other responsibilities and sleep is a priority over blogging at the moment! Haha how dull. 

Until next time 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment