Tuesday 10 December 2013

Calvin Klein Lipsticks & Creme Eye Shadow Review


Hello 

Christmas 2011 I was given a CK gift set from my Auntie & Uncle. It contained a lipstick (first kiss), nail polish (caught red handed), and a creme eye shadow (bare silk). I absolutely loved - still do love - the eye shadow, it's texture and glittering finish got me hooked and the lipstick is creamy and attractive. I got hooked and had to get more!!
HOWEVER, I had so much makeup and no excuse to buy more until this previous Christmas when I had the money and didn't need an excuse. So I went online and purchased five new colours; 

Etheral
Sinful
Mesmerize
Desire
Fusion


My opinion on these lipsticks is simple; they are colourful and bright yet subtle. They're creamy and easily applied and I just love, love, LOVE them! There are a variety of colours and shades available which makes them even more fabulous because it means if I don't like a shade, that doesn't mean I can't have that colour, it just means I don't have to have that certain shade. 

I'd just quickly like to point out that this is just my opinion and you may not feel the same about these products. 

I'm a brunette and I have pale skin and quite a chubby face really so it's hard to find lipsticks to suit me especially if i'd like to wear something something a little more bold or bright and less everyday bland. The CK Mesmerize is my new all time favourite and I wear it every opportunity I get! It brighten up my day and other people notice too, the first time I wore it out I got multiple comments about looking lovely that day which really hightened my spirits. 

The lipsticks are quite pigmented - if that's the correct word? - and you don't need much for a fantastic coverage and flawless finish and best of all the colour lasts for hours! My apologies if I big these products up and then you dislike them but this really is my honest opinion. I'd recommend you give them a go. 



My pictures are of slightly better quality this time round, wouldn't you say? I put effort into this post, unlike my S&G post which although I put effort into it, it could never have reached its potential with me writing it from my phone!

Creme Eye Shadows


The CK creme eye shadows are great, even though I don't have too much experience with them, but they do have a couple of minor faults.  

These products are not so pigmented and take numerous coats to get a nice coverage of the lid but they don't last very long. Half an hour and the colour has faded which makes me sad because my look is ruined! 
The bare silk is perfect for brightening the inner corner of the lid though or the tear duct area and it gives a nice bright glow making you instantly look more awake. 

The colours are gorgeous and they feel lovely and soft on yours lids. The packaging is adorable yet sophisticated with the little glass containers and the large plastic lids, similar to MAC gel liner containers. This is enough to make me like them but not enough to outweigh the disadvantages as mentioned before. I wouldn't pay much for these - just as well they're so affordable. 

The second colour I own, snakeskin silver is lovely and shimmery. I bought this specifically for school because it's subtle and barely noticeable. It's a natural looking eye shadow which is great if that's the look you go for. 
I was slightly disappointed with this though, because you have to apply quite a lot for it to be visible. If you're happy with a faint shine then this is perfect for you, but for me I want to be able to see some colour and know it's there, even if it is just barely. 

The creme eye shadows are best applied with a round applicator or your finger rather than a brush because the brush doesn't really pick it up and it makes a mess. 



Good luck should you decide to purchase either of the products I've reviewed. I've really enjoyed them and I hope you will too. 

Until next time
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment