Tuesday 10 December 2013

My Current Beauty Favourites

Hello

Today I'm trying out something new! I have for you my current beauty favourites. I haven't done a 'favourites' post before so I hope you enjoy!

Another Illamasqua edit.

I will include a reliable link for every product so that should you like the sound of it, you can try it too. 

Let's start with the biggest of them all and by far my favourite-ist (nope, that's not a word. I made it up). Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash. I. Love. This. Smell. Sometimes I just take of the lid and sniff, it's an addiction almost like drugs. Not drugs though - I don't and never will condone the use of drugs nor do I use any substances not prescribed by my doctor for medicinal purposes. Anyway, getting back on track I really like everything about this product, from packaging (cute and quirky as ever) through scent and price, to how it works. It leaves me feeling clean and fresh. 

Moving out of the shower, I have two moisturisers I've been loving over the past couple of months; first a fantastic facial moisturiser. I have shopped my stash and rediscovered my Clinique dramatically different moisturising gel. It's hard to find since the release of the dramatically different +, but I do love it so all the same. It is super hydrating and a good primer for under foundation. I used it on my poor burnt face during our British heat wave and it worked a treat. Yipee. 
Also I have got into the routine of doing a full body moisturise after I get out of the shower. I tried a couple of products but my favourite is definitely the Soap & Glory Butter Yourself five fruits super rich smoothing body cream. This also smells divine and I find it to be such a good body butter for my skin. Me likes a lot. 
The final moisturising product in my favourites is my beloved vibrant cherry lib butter from Marks & Spencer. I've had this for a while and mainly carried it to school but since leaving school in May I have just rediscovered it. I'm almost out but for now it's my top lip product!


Next up I have been enjoying my real techniques makeup brushes (thank you for these perfect tools Sam Chapman!), the crease brush and buffing brush in particular. If you haven't tried these already then do so right now right here. Go on! You know you want to. 

You may have figured out by now that I am a makeup junkie. I may not have the money to splash out on big brands or buy a lotta products but over the years my collection has more than doubled in size. Let me tell you about some of the things from my collections I have been loving recently so much that they have made it to my favourites...

To start us of it will come as no surprise to you to find my BourjoisHealthy Mix Serum gel foundation in here because in my review I raved about it enough! To read more click here. I have been loving Bourjois on the cheeks as well this month in the form of the cream to powder formula blush shade 02. This is a lovely peachy orange colour which I think is just so pretty.


I have been wearing a nude lip pretty much every day recently and my top two products are my MUA lipstick in shade 16 (nectar) paired with my Collection 2000 love your lips lip gloss in shade 2 (delight). I really like how this looks on my lips and it goes perfectly with the Bourjois blush. 


I feel like this has been a very long post today but only two products remaining, both of which are for the eyes! My mascara which I have been using non stop for its non-clump and super curl qualities is actually a cheapy little thing from a brand called Evie Mae in brown.. It came as part of a vanity kit (which you can pick up from eBay here) from a fundraiser catalog a few years ago when I thought nothing of it. Now, though, I am really regretting not using it more earlier on. 

I have also done a little 'shop my stash' and rediscovered my No7 define & shimmer eye palette which contains four silky looking autumn colours all of which are beautiful on the eye.


 I particularly love the chocolate brown either in the crease or all over the lid. The best part about this product is that I got it free when I bought a No7 mascara. This is no longer available from Boots but you can find it on eBay


I hope you enjoyed this post and it wasn't just me rambling on about some makeup I like. I really recommend each product mentioned today and I hope you will try some out for yourself and enjoy the just as much. 
If you have a blog or YouTube channel and have uploaded your monthly/current favourites then leave me the link in the comments so I can take a look. 

Until next time
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment