Tuesday 10 December 2013

All Bronzed Up (High Street)

Hello


We're leaving Autumn behind now (which is actually when I had hoped to get this post up.. oops!) and moving steadily into the Winter months where the days get cooler but as does our makeup. 

Personally, in Winter months I like to go with the pale/natural look with maybe a bit of contour. I avoid the bronzed up look. I do know however, that a lot of you like to keep your tan all year round so today I'd like to talk about three high street bronzers you may (or may not) want to invest in.

Note that I'm not discussing these products because they are my favourites nor because they're the best on the market but simply because they are the only ones in my collection. Despite being a massive contour-er, I'm really not that much of a bronze-y person...



So we'll start with Maybelline SunGlow pressed bronzing powder because it was the first bronzer I ever bought (we're not counting the compact I got from a Zoey 101 magazine aged 8, okay? pfft. It's not like I collected every single one just for the makeup or anything).

The packaging isn't great, much like the Rimmel Stay Matte powder it's cheap and easily broken. The lid doesn't screw on properly and the product falls out of the pan every single time I open it! It's simple, though, and I like simple. 

I really do like the slogan 'dust on a touch of sun'. It's simply fantastic. Every bronzer should have a slogan like this one. It goes well with the imprint of a sun shine on the powder also. 

The colouring is quite subtle but far too easily gives you a nasty orange tint. A little is a lot with this product. 


Well since we're going in order of purchase today, I picked up this cheap little compact from Superdrug at the beginning of the year. I like the perfectly sized, cubic packaging made from clear plastic. It's a handy thing to keep in your handbag. It's well priced to at just £1.00! I've always loved MUA for their prices. 

I believe this is in shade 3. It works well on fair skin as a contour or a light bronzer on the high points of the face. For a cheap, "drug store" product I give this full marks. 


And finally, my most recent (I'd say early Summer this year) bronzing buy, the love it or hate it, most raved about bronzer by the beauty bloggers. It's the Bourjois chocolate bronzer!

This is quite a controversial product since a lot of gurus, such as Zoe (Zoella280390 on YouTube) have made clear how much they love it while others, such as Gabrielle Rose (Velvetgh0st on YouTube) have said they're not so much a fan. 
Me? I love this bronzer! More recently I've been using it as a contour when I can't find my beloved Sleek contour kit. It works as both. 

The smell is more like cocoa butter than chocolate but either way I can't get enough of it. I'm sure you know I'm a scent obsessed kind of girl so anything fragranced has my attention. The colour pay off is good, a warm golden colour which I guess can be a little orange if you're super pale, but this is definitely my favourite. 

I'm not financially well off enough to afford high end products unless they're gifted to me so I'm not an owner of any top bronzers but if I was I think I'd like to give the Nars Lagoona a whirl. Hint hint to friends. Christmas is coming ;)

Until next time
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment