Tuesday 10 December 2013

No7 Beginner MakeUp Bag

Hello

So this was sort of a blog request but I'm making a little change. Today I want to talk to you about makeup for beginners and the best products to use. Even now after testing Rimmel, Bourjois and Maybelline I still think No7 is the best for beginners.

Let me run you through what I think should be inside a younger persons makeup bag and why.

Essentially Natural foundation - A liquid mineral foundation. This was my first foundation and I still love it. It is not too harsh and gives a natural, good coverage without being too heavy. I think this makes it the perfect base for a teenager or beginner to makeup. 
There a lot of different foundations from this brand but from the ones I have tested most of them don't have too good a coverage so this one is great. 

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - Maybe you wont need a powder if you have dry skin already but if you prefer to set your makeup or have oil/combination skin which leaves you shiny, without a doubt this is the powder you need. Get it in translucent if you all you need is a setting powder or in a skin colour to add tone to your face.

Brown Exceptional Definition Mascara - I say brown because it is a much nicer colour for a younger persons face. It is natural but defined, less harsh and much more attractive. I also love the three way applicator which gives you a variety of looks to opt for. This mascara does not clump so it's perfect for a young look. 

Natural Blush Tint Powder - This gives a lovely warm, natural glow to the cheek so is perfect if you're just starting out. A good natural look is best for beginners but if you don't want to, you don't have to be subtle, the colours you choose and how much you build up the layers affects your finished look so don't be put of by me constantly saying 'natural' if you're after something more bold. 

Stay Perfect Eye Shadow Trio - Unless you work in beauty or fashion or you're a makeup junkie like myself you really don't need to wear eye shadow on a daily basis, I rarely wear it at all but for special occasions and outings. A successful eye look takes a lot of practice but for those who want to jump in there or if you want something special for an occasion this eye colour trio is perfect. My personal favourite is 'Cappuccino' and I love the colours from 'Organza' and 'Beside the sea'. Retailing at £9.50 this is a good addition to anybody's makeup bag for a quick and easy yet gorgeous look. 

Natural Collection Wild Strawberry Lip Gloss - Now, at a young age you don't want to be wearing a lip stick (although if you do I suggest MUA or Calvin Klein) so a gloss adds the perfect finish to an every day look. For a cheap glossy shine I would go with a lip gloss from Natural Collection, or for something more high end but still affordable I would definitely go for a Benefit gloss such as THIS one. 

Extras

So there you have the main products for your makeup bag but what about extras?

For tools I would go with Real Techniques every single time. They are fanastic and last a long time! You can pick them up from Boots

For eye liner a gel is always best, try the SEVENTEEN Smoulder Gel Liner

For eye brows the Smashbox Brow Tech To Go is fantastic, however, I'm not a fan of the coloured in eye brows, especially on the younger generation. A natural shape looks so much better. If you really feel you need some filling in then try and go lightly. 

So there you go, now please do remember this is purely based on my first make up products and is only No7 products (excluding the extras). I will do another post like this soon on different products and make up looks I think are best for teens or beginners. 

Also I am sorry there are no pictures in this boring post but I don't own enough of these products anymore to photograph them and I do prefer my own photos than ones from the internet. 

Until next time
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment