Tuesday 10 December 2013

Good Summer Skin!

Hello

Prepare yourself for some crazy editing now; I've been testing out some of Illamasqua's - yes, the beauty brand - overlays and borders. They have collaborated with Pixlr to create some pretty cool stuff. Check it out and let me know what you think of my edits. 

In my boudoir (ooh fancy!), my bed is position on the wall opposite my wardrobe which in turn means I am opposite a full length mirror. As I sit here writing this post I am glancing at the mirror and feeling proud of my skin. In the past month I have been trying so hard to do right by my skin and to restore its good health. I feel I have successfully accomplished this, even if I'm not at the end of my mission just yet. 

When I was younger I had really good skin but then, as with every other teenager I know, my hormones took over and for a good couple of years I've gone through breakouts, blackheads, dry skin, oily skin, dehydrated skin, redness, scarring and rashes. Eurghhh. Whatta nightmare! I am happy to say I am finally over that and I am on the road to soft and smooth. In this post I want to share a couple of tips and tricks that have worked for me. Basically the products I have been using to achieve good skin. 

SO, I'll be honest. I did go a couple of weeks completely makeup free to let my skin breathe and to keep my pores as clean and unclogged as possible. I know that some of you don't wear makeup at all and some of you wont want to step outside without all your war paint on - yes, you know who you are best friend of mine. Sometimes you just have to let your skin have some time to restore itself and to do this you have to be brave and steer clear of the foundation, concealer (maybe a little concealer is ok), bronzer, blush, contour, highlight, powder etc etc. 
Yep, you see, when you make a list you notice just how much you are piling on to your skin of a daily basis. Too much. 


If you really want some coverage I recommend using a good BB cream with all in one benefits - e.g. conceals, moisturises and more. There are so many to choose from, some better than others, I use (purely for lack of money to spend on the high end ones) Rimmel 9 in 1 which you can buy here

Next make sure you wash your face every single day. I know this is something everyone knows about but I know, because I am one of them, that some people are too lazy and just don't make the effort. Do you take your makeup of with wipes? DON'T! You are making a big mistake. Stick to makeup remover or a good cleanser. 

I have recently discovered the Olay essentials daily facial cloths for sensitive skin. All you have to do is hold them under the tap for a couple of second, rub together to lather and wipe them over your face. Rinse with either a cloth or your hands and you're good to go. A lazy girls way of refreshing yourself or taking of your makeup. Perfect for me!

Exfoliate. You might be a bit scared to exfoliate, think it'll break you out? Yeah maybe it will, but it's good to bring out all the dirt from under your skin and the breakout wont be major and it will disappear as long as you continue to care for your skin. Don't be afraid to exfoliate. I have been using the Soap & Glory The Greatest Scrub of All which is fantastic - and often sold out so grab it when you can. I use it three times a week in the shower, you only need a tiny amount for your whole face and it cleans up your skin. 


Before I picked up that scrub from S&G I was using the Cyclax nature pure apricot facial scrub (from my local chemist) every other day and it really helped my skin. I still use it in the shower on the days when I don't use my exfoliator. I love this product so much. I will definitely be needing to repurchase this soon. 

Cleanse twice a day. I know it's hard if you get up late and you're in a rush, or you're going to bed late and can't be bothered with a full routine but do it is important to make the effort to cleanse twice a day. Morning and night. I have been using my No7 Soft & Soothed Gentle cleanser as soon as I get out of bed in the morning and to remove my makeup at night, or for the days when I wear no makeup I do it purely to cleanse my pores.
I find that if I keep my cleanser out on show, on a dressing table for example, rather than in my cupboard then I am more likely to use it. 
After I cleanse I have two different routines for morning and evening...

Morning

I use Boots Botanics rosewater toning spritz to freshen up my skin, followed by my No7 Essential Moisture Day Fluid OR my preferredClinique dramatically different moistuising gel - highly recommend.

Evening

I use my No7 Soft & Smooth Gentle Toner followed by my Olay double-action night cream which claims to nourish and regenerate. I find both of these products very hydrating which is important when looking after your skin. 


That's pretty much everything I've been doing/using recently to produce smooth, clear skin and I'm really happy. All products mentioned are cheap and cheerful and have proved to work for me. I wish you good luck in achieving great skin and for those who never have this problem, I envy you greatly!

Until next time
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment