Friday 4 April 2014

March | A Month In Review

- WARNING - 
Grab yourself a cup of tea and get comfy, it's long and picture heavy one.

Today I had planned to do a review of the Herbal Essences Hello Hydrate Deep Nourishing Intensive Mask but then last night I just felt inspired to write this post. If you follow me for my high quality and oh so informative reviews (hah! I wish!) then je suis sorry... oh and I'm also sorry if you are French and just read that but I just adore the French language and accent and although I can't speak it, I like to pretend. 

Anyywayy - It is the 4th of April and I haven't really done anything in regard to saying good bye to March, no monthly favourites from this beauty blogger and no 'Hello April' kinda post - how I swoon over monthly images such as these:


So today I want to talk to you about March and why, for me, it was so great. Well it didn't start out so great as I mentioned in my post 'being grateful' because on the 11th I failed my first attempt at a driving test. Wonderful. Well I wouldn't mind so much but as £30 a lesson and £55 for a test, it's really hard to forgive yourself. 
However, as the month progressed it improved greatly, I can't think of a time throughout March when I was deeply unhappy or depressed, there were no times when I locked myself in my room and cried for hours and there weren't even that many times when I looked in the mirror and mentally abused my body image. Instead, there were times when I laughed so hard with my friends that I cried, there were times I stepped outside of my comfort zone to achieve great things, there were family meals out and I even got a distinction in an exam at college. 



March was also a fantastic month for the blog. I blogged a total of 30 times, that's equivalent to almost once a day. I reached 138 Twitter followers, 80 Glipho followers and 66 Bloglovin followers - I've linked all of those networks so you can follow me because you just have to do some shameless self promotion sometimes!
I have produced my very own header with a little help from the internet using Picmonkey, introduced some pages and played around with my overall layout. It's not perfect yet but it's getting somewhat closer.

I have participated in the #Socialbloggers chats (Saturdays 6pm - 7pm UK time) and met some lovely bloggers and found some amazing blogs, I have been inspired and motivated and I am just extremely happy and proud to be a part of the blogging community at the moment. Blogging is honestly always on my mind and I am always thinking of ways to improve and better my skills and knowledge whether it be on the tech side of blogging or the social side.


Decide for yourself if that quote is relevant, I just really like it and wanted to include it.

Something that has been on my mind a lot lately is the whole anonymous blogger thing. I'm not even slightly comfortable with telling my family or those who know me about my blog yet (excluding some friends who I've already told) but I would like to be confident enough to use my own name and my own picture. It's crazy that I am so insecure that I can't even use my name in case somebody finds my blog. I am proud of my space on the net and I am content with the way it is growing. I want to be more personal with you and share more about my life. So, what do you think? Being brave is SO much easier said that done for me but I'm leaning towards thinking I'm ready. 

I think what scares me most is rejection, failure and humiliation. I care too much what other people think and I'm not exactly surrounded by support. A girl in my year started a YouTube channel a couple of years ago and when everybody at school found out they spread the link on Facebook and laughed behind her back and played her videos in class. I could never cope with that. The Isle of Man, for all it's beauty, is full of judgmental, cruel people even more so that those that really care. *Sigh*
I've always been the shy one, it's not done me any good at all. I dream of being outgoing and confident! I'm even doubting publishing this post.


I love this picture. I should keep it engraved on my mind at all times. Anyway, I think it's time to wrap this post up.

I warned you this would be long and rambly at the beginning but well done and thank you if you made it to the end! I truly am so grateful to every single person who takes some time to read my posts and leave comments. 

Until next time
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment