Wednesday 2 April 2014

Battle of the Brands #3


This week in Battle of the Brands I am comparing eye shadow primers from Smashbox and Urban Decay.


The Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer (full size) retails for £15.00 here. I have the mini version which I got in a set of the photo finish range for wear at my prom last year. I really love all of the products though I must admit of the three, this is my least favourite. 
Don't get me wrong this is a good primer it just dries out so easily and there isn't much product inside the bottle.

It has a doe foot applicator that applies a good amount to the lid which I then blend out. It is much more light weight that the UD primer potion which is a bonus and is also more matches to my skin tone so doesn't make my eye lid look orange before I put on my makeup. 


I swear by the Urban Decay primer potion. I've used it for a coupe of years now and love it but it does have its cons.

Pros include the beautiful packaging, how long one bottle lasts (and I only have the mini) and of course that it keeps eye shadow in place all day.

Cons are that it feels heavy on the lids, you can apply too much and it makes the skin slightly orange which I don't like. 

You can buy the full size Urban Decay primer potion here for £16.00 or travel size for just £8.00 - bargain!

Right: UD primer potion, Left: Smashbox Photo Finish lid primer

My winner is Urban Decay primer potion, despite its cons I love it too much for it to lose and the Smashbox primer just dries out too quick. Have you tried these? Did I make the right choice?

Until next time
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment