Saturday 5 April 2014

6 Lipsticks: I Regret


This is the last in my little trio of lipstick posts but I will finish of with a lip gloss one next Saturday. I hope you are enjoying this series, getting a glimpse into my collection!


Lets get the worst of the worst out of the way first. These two lipsticks from Evie Mai, a brand I struggle to find, came in a vanity box I treated myself to one Christmas. I hate them. They are the palest of colours that I really cannot imagine suiting anybody, the first one makes you look like death and the second one doesn't come out anywhere near as pink on the lips as it does in the swatch. Also as you may be able to see in the picture, the stick itself goes sort of dry and patchy, odd. Sigh. It really is a shame because they are very creamy and it is a pretty colour. I was extremely disappointed. :( 


MUA Shade 12 is a nice enough colour if you like the glitz and glam, personally I think it looks way OTT on me and after my cousin 'made me look pretty' it isn't in such a good state. I think the glitter is a little too big as well.


There is anything major that I don't like about the AVON lipstick in Berry Berry, the packaging is classic and the colour is beautiful but I can't handle the smell, it is so drying and the shade, although nice, doesn't suit me in the slightest. 


There is just one reason I regret buying the Calvin Klein lipstick in Desire and that is that I really, really do not suit purple lipstick. *Shudder*


Finally, the first MAC lipstick I ever bought and it was a huge let down. I don't, however, think this is down to MAC. I believe this is a fake. I have the shade Shy Girl and it is terrible on application, it doesn't cover the lips and if you go for a second coat it wipes away the first. Full coverage is impossible. It also makes my lips feel horrible and when compared to my other MAC lipsticks, the packaging does differ. Lesson learnt: Always buy direct from the brand and not over Amazon, even if the price is attractive. 


Anndd there we go! Which lipsticks do you regret? Are there any I should avoid?

Until next time
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment