Saturday 12 April 2014

6 Lipsticks: Lip Gloss


The final installment of this series is all about lip gloss. Some high street, some high end (Benefit, I'm looking at you) and some to just plain avoid. I'd also like to add I wrote this before receiving my Tanya Burr gloss and so a bonus product to try; Tanya Burr lip gloss. 



Beginning with the brightest of them all, Rimmel Apocalips are fantastic. They were hyped up so much around their release but I feel like the hype has died down so much so that I never see them around on blogs anymore. Give this product more love guys! Buy here.

Model co Strip Tease is a lip gloss my friend got free in a magazine and gave to me because she's not a makeup type of girl. Although usually I'm begging her to let me do her makeup, this one time I was grateful she wasn't bothered because I love this gloss! As far as freebies go, this one is a good one. I even wore it to my prom!

Benefit Life On The A List is a very pigmented nude gloss that can easily be worn alone or on top of a product. I have the mini which came in this set I was gifted, I do like it a lot but not to the extent that I would buy the full size.

Revlon Cherries In The Glow is my all time favourite gloss, I love it, you will love it, everyone loves it. If you don't own it, buy it. It suits everybody and it goes with most lipsticks. It even has an SPF of 15. BUY IT

A while ago my nearest chemist had a clear out of Collection 2000 Love your lips lip glosses, you know when they throw everything in a box on the counter each for 99p? I picked up a bunch, the one photographed 'Passion' is the brightest pink gloss I own. It's a little sticky and not as opaque as I'd like but it's a great for the price, you can get it here for just 39p. 

Anatomicals is a brand I've not heard much about but my nearest high end shop stocks an amount of their products so I thought I'd try some. I love the quirky packaging, similar to Soap & Glory. The Super Randy Cherry Brandy lip gloss was a let down though, I hate it! It's practically clear, super sticky and gets everywhere. Eughh. I'm hoping other products are much better though. Shop Anatomicals at ASOS here.

What are your favourite lip glosses? Do you even wear lip gloss? 

Until next time
xx

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE with rimmel lip lacquers, I've been wanting to pick up more and more shades since they're all so gorgeous and I love the names of each shade as well!

    Yige || Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty great, you just have to be brave to really rock them. The names are fab too. Thanks for commenting. You can now find me at www.theclumsybeauty.blogspot.com x

      Delete