Tuesday 18 February 2014

Sleek Brow Kit

Hello lovelies

If you remember in this post I talked about using the Sleek Brow Kit in one of my makeup looks - but not for the brows, as an amazing eye liner. I said I would do a post all about it and here it is. 


You can get hold of this product from the Sleek website for £8.49. With the sleek (see what I did there?) and sturdy perfectly sized packaging and the amount of product you get I would say this is a fair price. It is available in four shades; Light, Dark, Extra Dark & Black. I have it in Extra Dark. It comes with two tiny brushes (angled for application and rounded for blending) and a pair of tiny tweezers. 


Now, before we move on I feel like I just have to give a shout out to my cat who decided he would love to help me with this review by getting into all of the photographs, and then deciding what he thought by first having a sniff and then admiring himself in the mirror... 



As I am sure I have probably told you before, I'm no good at eye brows. If I pluck them or wax them or even brush them I end up with two completely different but both equally as odd looking brows. So I don't even attempt to fill them in! Don't get me wrong, I have tried SO many different products but for me, I've just never found something that looks even slightly natural. Therefore I don't feel like I can truly review this as an eye brow kit. I can however, tell you how it makes the perfect eye liner combo. 

L: powder, R: wax - There is that darn cat, again! 
On my nails is NYC nail polish in Pier 17 and the Barry M limited edition silver glitter.

If you take the angled brush (or any eye liner brush of your choice) and the 'setting powder', you can lightly draw on where you want your line to be. You can easily experiment at perfecting the cat wing because if you go wrong it wont matter in the end. 
When you're happy, using the same brush you can take the darker 'shaping wax' and go over the top of the line to make your eyeliner stand out. Finally, use the blending brush to blend the colour as close to the lash line as possible and voila! Perfect eye liner as shown in the post linked at the beginning. 

How do you accomplish good eyeliner? Have you tried this product? Tell me what you think. 

Until next time
xx







No comments:

Post a Comment