Thursday 23 January 2014

What I got for Christmas 2013

Hello lovelies!

It's a little late but I have been meaning to do this post since Boxing Day! Ahh, I'm slack. Today I'd like to share with you just some of my favourite gifts I was lucky enough to receive from family and friends this (last) year. 


So I'm not really one of those people who thinks of Christmas and thinks of getting presents, I don't get up really early to see what's under the tree or wake up my brother. In fact, I didn't get up until 10.30am this year and the first thing I did was go out and feed my horse! My favourite part of Christmas is spending a whole day with my family. Receiving a gift is great but I more enjoy giving. I like to go through the process of picking something out I think the person will love, wrapping it up in cute paper and tying it with shiny ribbons - yes, I am one of those people. The best part is definitely seeing the persons face and knowing you chose well. HOWEVER, this year I was more than happy to be given the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. My favourite present. You can read more about this in the review I wrote here


My Auntie knows me well you know, three out of five gifts featured in this post are from her. She bought me this stunning silver heart necklace which I am loving wearing! It's beautiful. I love all sparkly pieces like this.

She also gave me the Soap & Glory Clean on Me body wash which I have wanted to try for a while but am still currently enjoying my Sugar Crush bottle. I do love me some S&G skin products though. Thank you!!


Next up is this luxury candle from NEXT. If you didn't know (you clearly don't know me) then let me tell you, I. Love. Scented candles. I got given quite a few at Christmas and I have them all around my room and light them regularly. Who doesn't love a good candle? This one smells so luxurious and sophisticated. I feel like an adult. Oooh! I will be doing a post all about my favourite candles very soon. 

A funny story about this is that my brother originally got me a different candle, one which I found (yes, I went snooping) and loved! But he never got around to wrapping it up and so my Mum had to do all his present wrapping and gave me this one, meant for somebody else, and gave mine to the other person since I'd already seen it. That'll teach me for snooping! I am grateful for this one just as much though.


And finally, this Sweet Pea & Honeysuckle hand cream from Heathcote & Ivory (another brand I like a lot) is also from my brother. Well.. I threw it in his basket and told him to wrap it up for me. If I didn't give massive hints like that he would be stuck for ideas, right? The packaging is so beautiful and I can't wait to start using this when I get through my current tube. I love me some hand cream. Yippee :) 

I hope you all had a good Christmas, leave me either your favourite gift you received or gave, or your favourite memory from 2013 in the comments below.

Until next time 
xx





No comments:

Post a Comment